Powys Green Guide Disclaimer and Takedown Policy
This page sets out the circumstances in which material is taken down from our website.
The takedown policy applies to material on our website and social media channels.
To make a takedown request about material on the Powys Green Guide website or social media channels, mail email@example.com.
The Powys Green Guide makes a range of information available to the public. Most material is written in-house from information drawn from a range of sources. We seek to publish the most up to date and accurate information as possible, and seek to attribute information, or link to the sources of information as much as possible. We seek to publish information that is the most up to date available at the time of publishing, however, some information may become out of date before being revised. Some material is created by staff and some by community members. We aim to be clear when an opinion is offered, rather than entirely factual information.
We have sought to ensure that the content of these resources comply with UK copyright law, where feasible. Where rights holders have been located and permission granted this is clearly indicated. Please ensure any re-use of these materials is in accordance with the licence specified, and that the appropriate acknowledgements are included.
If you feel that your copyright has been infringed in any way, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- your full name, address, telephone number and email address
- a full description of the material the complaint is being made about, including the website page address where you found the material
- the nature of your complaint
- an assertion that your complaint is made in good faith and is accurate
- if you are complaining about a breach of your own copyright, please state that you are the rights holder or are authorised to act for the rights holder and provide supporting evidence
Guiding Principles for Takedown
On receipt of a complaint, the Steering Committee will
Upon receipt of a complaint or takedown request from a member of the public or a government department, we will:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint
- temporarily remove the relevant material
- make an assessment of the validity of the complaint
The case will then be considered by the Powys Green Guide Steering Committee, and expert advice will be sought, if necessary, and a decision will be made as to whether the material should be re-instated or not.
If the takedown request concerns a factual error, or an infringement of copyright, and evidence has been provided to support the claim, upon investigation and confirmation of the claim's accuracy, the information will be either amended or taken down.
The Powys Green Guide Steering Committee will approve continued withdrawal of the material if one of the following criteria is met:
- The material is factually incorrect.
- Making the material available online is an infringement of copyright.
- The material is defamatory or obscene.
- The material was released in error and removal is required to rectify a mistake.
We will in all cases attempt to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- the material is replaced unchanged
- the material is replaced with changes
- the material is permanently removed by Powys Green Guide
You will be contacted by email to confirm the final decision.
A record will be kept of the complaint, the review and the final decision. The information you provided will only be used in connection with your enquiry.
Appealing a Decision
Should you disagree with the Powys Green Guide Steering Committee's decision not to takedown information, then you have the right to appeal to the Chair of Powys Action on the Climate Emergency. For further details, please mail email@example.com
Appeals must be received within two months of the decision being notified to the you.
Page last modified: 22 Nov 2022, 09:48